Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's about time!

My sister-in-law helped me set up a blog last spring...nine months later I am finally posting my first blog. Sounds just like me I know. So much has happened in the last year I felt it was about time I get around to writing it down.


Keola and I have been married for 5 years, and were excited and scared to find out in June of 2008 that we were expecting our first baby. Or so we thought "baby." I remember I wasn't feeling well, and my mood and emotions seemed to be all over the place. Keola one day tried to delicately tell me he thought I might be pregnant as I was acting kind of like a...well he tried to put it delicately. :) I thought I must be pregnant too, and went and bought a pregnancy test. It was positive, and after showing Keola, and 4 tests later, we came to the realization we were going to be parents! It is such an out of this world feeling realizing that your life is going to drastically change over the next year.


At our second Dr.'s appointment on July 30, 2008 we had our first ultrasound. Wow were we in for a shocker! The ultrasound tech said, "are you feeling lucky today?" and of course, I the nursing student, had no idea what she meant. Keola however, saw immediately why we were asked that. The ultrasound was showing two babies! The rest of the appointment for me was a blur. Keola said I just started crying and saying "oh my gosh" over and over and over. I can't ever remember feeling that happy in my entire life. Of course, all of the family members got called immediately with the exciting news, and we were on our way preparing for our little bundles of joy.


With all of our blessings, we found ourselves meeting some hard times as well. In September I finally told my boss of 3 years that I was pregnant. Two weeks later I was let go. The construction business was not doing well, and they could not afford to keep me employed. And I am sure that being pregnant had nothing to do with it... Keola also worked as a subcontractor for the same company, and they could not continue to provide him with work either. Finding any work in the construction business was next to impossible. So there we were, both unemployed, me just finishing nursing school, and almost 5 months pregnant. Keola always the strong one in the relationship, kept a positive outlook, and kept telling me it would all work out. And it did! Keola was able to find a job, and I was able to go on unemployment which ended up being a blessing not having to work through the remainder of my pregnancy. We also got the exciting news on October 6, 2008, that the twins were boys! Keola's dream come true! He already has plans to dress them in cowboy boots and to teach them every sport there is. He is without question going to be the best dad!


Yesterday we finally hit the 36 week mark! My Dr. put me on bed rest two weeks ago, and as soar as I get laying down all day, it seems to be doing the babies a lot of good. They are both gaining a good amount of weight, and moving around a lot! Ouch my ribs! Last Thursday, baby "A" weighed in at 4 lbs and 3 Oz's, and baby "B" weighed in at 4 lbs and 13 Oz's. The Dr. said that if I don't go into labor before February 9, at 39 weeks, they will try to induce me that day. Only 3 weeks away! It could not come soon enough. Keola keeps telling me he just wants to hold the babies. The bags are packed, the baby room is ready, when are they going to get here? Until they do, poor Keola will have to continue to make late night Jack in the box runs, and give me back rubs. The only thing that makes me feel better- Keola's back rubs!


With all of the stress and financial worries of having multiples, Keola and I have been so blessed with all of the help and support we have received from our family and friends. Never in my life have I felt more loved and cared for, and I can't even begin to express all of my appreciation. We love you all very much and are grateful to have you in our lives!

2 comments:

hf said...

YAY for your blog!! I love reading it already and can't wait for more as the babies arrive!

Utah_Irvins said...

Yay, Tasche! Keola's baby mama! We loved your belly pics. Just so you know- Robbie announced last weekend that he would like to move in with you, Keola, and the babies when he goes to college at...guess where? Talk about planning ahead. I hope that baby room is BIG! Love you!